I keep fiddling with the Stand At Mortain game--way fun for such a little package. Would rather play this than any reissue of the old Strike Force One (sorry Alan).

Haven't done the Poles Apart game...

Or Showtime: Hanoi game yet....

Which ones do you like?

Views: 160

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

If you like Stand at Mortain, Eric, make sure you spend some time with my Gazala 1942, the bonus game in the 2008 Annual. I took the basic play mechanics of SaM and applied it to what is probably my favorite WW2 battle. The resulting game is nice and tight, and a lot of fun.
I definitely agree with Chris. He put together a nice game with Gazala Line 1942. I had a lot of fun play testing it.

And to stay on topic, I would have to say that Stand at Mortain is still my favorite of the 3 out so far. Just that WWII theme.

Also, keep in mind that optional rules for these 3 postcard games were released in the current issue (#23) of ATO magazine.
What kind of optional rules? I just renewed my subscription with #24 (bed timing I guess) :)

I haven't played any of them yet, but I got my mounted version of Some Poles Apart with my sub, so I'll be trying that one very soon. I scanned and enlarged the map and rules to fit on a regular sheet of paper. The card just seems so small...
whar do players think about the two newer Post Card Games "Morgan's A'Comin" and the Jubilee special?

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Have got AVALANCHE: THE SALERNO LANDINGS by GDW on the wargame table and have it--at last--set up.…"
13 hours ago
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: S&T 324, "After the Fall". Two Battles on the last years of the Western Roman…"
14 hours ago
Stephen A Fliss left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks Eric!"
16 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Stephen A Fliss
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website, Stephen!  I detect from your list a preference for…"
yesterday
Stephen A Fliss is now a member of ConsimWorld
yesterday
Paul Brown joined Matt Severns's group
Thumbnail

Gamers - SCS

Come on in and discuss your favourite SCS titles, House rules, Game AAR's and Possessed dice…See More
Saturday
Paul Brown commented on Roberto J. Sanchez's group War and Peace
"I'd also just mention Mr Lincoln's War...Mark McLaughlin's port of the W&P…"
Saturday
Paul Brown commented on Roberto J. Sanchez's group War and Peace
"Hmm...I'd be up for a Vassal play of one of the scenarios to help build my Vassall knowledge…"
Saturday

Events

Members

Top Content 

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service