I've solo played GMT games since the late '90s and I'm looking for game partners for GBOH, GBACW and Musket and Pike series. Limited travel area to that around Portsmouth. UK of course.

Views: 96

Replies to This Discussion

Hi James, have you ever played these games by mail? with cyberboard?

It works very well. no cat (kids) running and moving pieces, much faster to set up, you play only when you have a moment .

Well I'm British but I live in Ireland [Cork].

For  GBOH I have: 

SPQR (with 4 expantions) and  CATAPHRACT. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For GBACW I have:

Stonewall, Bloody April, Pea Ridge, Drive on Washington, Wilson's Creek, Cedar Mountain, Jackson at the Crossroads, Horse Soldiers, Baton Rouge.

If you would like to we could start with SPQR?

Cheers Andrew.

Hi Andrew, I have never played by mail or cyberboard and I would be interested in your experience using those avenues for gameplay, some examples of proceedures.

I have all the GBoH series games apart from Alesia and Caeser in Alexandria, as well as the modules from the C3i magazine. Using the Simple GBoH rules does allow for quick play but I prefer the more historic approach.

I have all the volumes in GMTs GBACW series as well as many of the earlier SPI games you have listed.

Of late I have been playing the games in Ben Hull's Musket and Pike series; lots of chrome there.

Although I really enjoy the Ancients when gaming, I have an extensive library of ACW books. Too many according to my wife.

I await your reply

Regards James.

Hi! 

I would definitely encourage you to try this alternative route. Playing by mail isn't the same as face to face but does have a lot of benefits.

I found a module of SPQR. I think this is VASSAL [usually I prefer Cyberboard, but I couldn't find the link].

Try:

http://www.limeyyankgames.co.uk/lyg/search/node/SPQR

You will need to download first Vassal. Then the module. [Btw There are lods of different modules of old Avalon hill and SPI games].

Let me know how it goes.

Andrew.

Is anyone interested in playing Dead of Winter via PBEM using the Vassal module?

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Markm1767 commented on Markm1767's photo
Thumbnail

bv3

"Playing Across 5 Aprils - Battle of Bentonville - Union decisive victory."
5 hours ago
Markm1767 posted photos
5 hours ago
Kevin Bertram is now a member of ConsimWorld
6 hours ago
Markm1767 commented on Markm1767's photo
Thumbnail

pr2

"Playing Across 5 Aprils (Pea Ridge battle) Union substantial victory at 7am march 8th gained…"
yesterday
David Coplen joined Brian Blad's group
Thumbnail

East Front Series -- GMT

This is the place to talk about strategy, tactics, etc. for the EFS games created by Vance!
Friday
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2017
"Finished World War I (S&T 294). There's a lot more to this updated game than the older…"
Thursday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "A Single Spy" by William Christie. A Russian 16 year old boy, living by his wits…"
Wednesday
Sergio F posted a video
Wednesday

Events

Members

Top Content 

1 get1

get1

2 pr2

pr2

3 bv1

bv1

4 bv3

bv3

5 get3

get3

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service