There are those SPI games that have bit the dust over time--some for deservedly good reasons--and others that we still keep playing even after all these many years.  I thought I'd devote a section to those that we break out now and then to sit down and play.  Call them classics--call them whatever; we like them and, at least in our mind, they have never been superseded.  

What SPI games have you kept over the years and don't think you'll ever replace with anything newer or shinier?  Why?

Views: 1823

Replies to This Discussion

War of The Ring - Captures the LoTR trilogy better than any other before or since. Played 2x in the last month!

I'll second that. With a few judicious mods, the game really has no equal. It's a Classic in every sense of the word. I don't want the Parthenon replaced by something newer and shinier.......

StarForce. Unmatched to this day- a shining example of the works of Analog Man.

I still have Panzer Army Afrika from the early 1970's. I'm keeping it because it was my 1st Wargame and was so good that I'm still in the hobby 40 years later. I agree with the earlier comment about Arnhem. Such a simple game that sums up the operational situation, and with the time deadline of 10 turns it nearly always comes down to a nail biting finnish.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Christian Barrett is now a member of ConsimWorld
16 hours ago
Markm1767 posted photos
yesterday
Markm1767 commented on Markm1767's photo
Thumbnail

t1

"Played Battleground: Second Punic Wars. Rome barely beat Carthage in the battle.... Was very…"
yesterday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Strange Music" by Alan Dean Foster. A Pip & Flinx SF novel. It has been awhile…"
Friday
Bob Kendra is now a member of ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Christian A. Strasser replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"I've recently started "A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War" by Joseph…"
Jun 10
Preston Younkins left a comment for Wild Bill Wilder
"I hate to be "that guy", but I came across the "Blood and Sand" scenarios, and…"
Jun 9
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read; "The Succession to Muhammad: A Sturdy of the Early Caliphate" by Wilferd Madelung.…"
Jun 8

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service