We welcome posts to learn which Victory Point Games title you are playing. Looking forward to seeing everyone share their gaming experience!

Views: 204

Replies to This Discussion

I just finished playing Caesar XL last Sunday afternoon. Ordered it because I saw the news item on CSW. For $19.95 you get 60-odd counters, 40 cards and a nice little color map. My buddy & I played the "bronze" rules for our first play-through and had a very good time. I was Pompey and almost made it to the end, but Caesar finally killed me in battle and scored a military victory by turn 12 or so. The topic was interesting to me and I think it was a really good deal for the price. I wasn't interested in any of the small Napoleonic battle games, but this one caught my interest.
Was over at my brothers home in Las Vegas last weekend and we played some Jena and Waterloo....both good games!

Next up is ABD......
I've played a few turns of Waterloo 20 on VASSAL as somone is teaching me the system, and now hope to play my Borodino 20 soon (maybe with the same friend as soon as there's a VASSAL module). My most played game, though, is Israeli Independence--I think I can now lose it in under 5 minutes! :) I've probably got 8-10 plays in.
I just about about a fifty or so games of Israeli Independence. I'm not exagerating, it's that quick and that much fun.
Caesar XL after first plaing many games of Israeli Independence.
Ancient Battles Deluxe! The game is mad fun and it is the game which hooked my girlfriend into the hobby. I really enjoy it and hope to play more VP games in the future.
D Day Canadian Beach: Juno. A fun game, fast and easy to learn. I have played most of the Napoleon 20 titles and had a great time as well.
I've been playing VPG games solo for a short while now. Just finished the Heraclea scenario from Ancient Battles Deluxe yesterday. Can't seem to stop buying the expansions. And this is the first time in years I've sorted unit-counters into a parts box, so it looks like this game is a keeper.

Last night I set up Paul Koenig's D-Day: The Canadian Beach. Played it once before, and thought I'd give it another shot. The chit-pull mechanic is great for solo play.

Played a few solo games of Waterloo 20, and I may have to give that another go too. It seems like more of a competitive two-player game, but solitaire isn't out of the question.

I suppose I should try Israeli Independence, but I find I usually don't like designed-for-solitaire games. I'd rather just play both sides against each other than deal with any kind of AI.
I just ordered Ancient Battles. This system has always been a lot of easy fun. I just received The Arduous Beginning and have enjoyed it. I'm planning on getting one of the Nap 20 next and then one of the solitaire games.
Target Leningrad and Objective Kiev. Tricky to win as the Germans because they have to pretty much take every city on the map to win, and so far the Russians have been able to prevent that. Quick play in about 7 or 8 turns, easy rules (same for all games in the series) and interesting different but similar sequence of play for Russians and Germans. Army Group Center next!

I just finished 4 games of Israeli Indenpendence. Nice little game.

Been playing The Barbarossa Campaign for the past few days. The Germans took Leningrad and Moscow early on, but now in Spring 43 the Russians have taken back Moscow. I'm afraid it doesn't look good for the Germans.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Greg Blanchett commented on Nate's group Victory in the West series and related games
"VCS Kharkov is now up for pre-order with MMP...…"
yesterday
Kevin Kinsel and Stephen P Van Hoak are now friends
yesterday
Tom Bell is now a member of ConsimWorld
Tuesday
Markm1767 posted photos
Monday
Profile IconCorey and BoardTactical joined ConsimWorld
Sunday
BoardTactical joined Bill Wood's group
Thumbnail

Victory Games

All Things Victory Games - the SPI/AH hybrid of the mid to late 80s.
Sunday
BoardTactical joined Alfonso Velasco's group
Sunday
BoardTactical joined Brian Blad's group
Thumbnail

East Front Series -- GMT

This is the place to talk about strategy, tactics, etc. for the EFS games created by Vance!
Sunday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service