I've got two house rule ideas up over at my blog and I'd really like some comments!

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to comment on House Rule #2:
This idea makes some sense. However, it might make flotilla craft too resilient. I too find the way flotilla craft die like flies in GWAS/SWWAS to be more than irksome. I've been working on my own solution over the past several months. It's difficult to find the right balance between vulnerabililty and resiliency. It's also difficult to balance the dire threat torpedo attacks represented in the minds of flag officers with the rather limited results that took place historically.

One aspect of the equation that GWAS/SWWAS has never attempted to take into account is that of the human factor. Men in unarmored ships faced by hot enemy fire will often veer from a direct attack rather than be annihilated. I'm working on a torpedo attack routine that includes this human factor. The routine would also limit the exposure of flotillas to enemy fire during a general action and include range attenuation.
I think they have admitted that because players don't have the same considerations as their real world counterparts (i.e., ships are expensive to replace and sailors take time to train) that they take many more risks with ships than would happen in real life. I'm not sure how you get around that.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Alexandros Masmanidis joined Miguel Antón's group
Thumbnail

Empire of the Sun

An appreciation group to Mark Herman's Empire of the Sun, published by GMT.
4 hours ago
Alexandros Masmanidis joined Hans van Der Drift's group
Thumbnail

The Pax System by RHB

One of my favorite games is Pax RomanaI thought this would be good place to find like minded…See More
4 hours ago
Alexandros Masmanidis joined Eric Walters's group
Thumbnail

All That is Avalon Hill

Recalling everything that was the old Avalon Hill Game Company and playing the new stuff since…See More
4 hours ago
Alexandros Masmanidis joined Kim Meints's group
Thumbnail

All Things GMT

We have groups for different GMT titles.So why not a group to discuss everything about the…See More
4 hours ago
Alexandros Masmanidis joined Herr Dr.'s group
Thumbnail

Paths of Glory

PoG fans unite.
5 hours ago
Alexandros Masmanidis joined Alfonso Velasco's group
5 hours ago
Profile IconPete Pariseau and Alexandros Masmanidis joined ConsimWorld
13 hours ago
Buck Lee updated their profile
23 hours ago

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service