Roger's killing all the less serious "is X a wargame threads".
Will my ASL one go? It was a bit more serious in intent, but 
seems to have degenerated. 

Police state watchers want to know....

Views: 1377

Replies to This Discussion

I enjoyed my year of blogging every day over at BGG.  There are some genuinely great folks there, but I'm growing weary of not seeing the kind of content I'm interested in reading.

I've been throwing out some puff-piece questions to try to solicit some discussion, but what's interesting, and it supports the bizarre social patterns on BGG, is that people are happy to respond.  They are thrilled to engage when you patter back their opinion with a "You're right AND", but they are incredibly hostile if you add a "Maybe ... BUT..."

Their other new pasttime there is mimic'ing Reddit/Digg/Fark where someone posts a topic and it's a race to find (and reward) the quippiest responses.  I'm happy to join in once things have devolved, but that's not really a conversation at that point...it's a bunch of people yelling LOOK AT ME! while 2 or 3 other sub-discussions happen within a 5+ page thread...

I'm growing more disappointed as time goes on sadly.

To bad you don't have over text

Indeed!

Wow Enrico, 

You too huh. Keith brings a point up about quips. As with Reddit and IMGUR the fastest and funniest is what generates content in the drive by funnies for sure, that is changing the nature of the forums.

There are fewer longer serious discussions that stay on thread or do not devolve into hate filled crap.

I just had a similar experience on Facebook with 2 or 3 people. Which drove me to bail on my personal profile, delete a bunch of people over there and consider just posting  on the bigboard only about gaming and no personal updates.  With BGG devolving it seems the fine balance of rancorous but good natured conversation is about over. 

I really like the Forum layout though.

I don't mind people going at it - what I mind is the stupid game of tattling.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Nathan posted a video

The Battle of Monmouth (28 June 1778) [FULL BATTLE Report]

The Battle of Monmouth 28 June, 1778 [Clash of Arms Games 2008] [Full Battle Report] Designers: Richard Kane Series: Battles from the Age of Reason [BAR]
10 hours ago
William Broadhurst joined Robert Cleary's group
Thumbnail

New Jersey Wargamers

A place for New Jersey resident wargamers to network and find opponents near them.
10 hours ago
William Broadhurst joined Brian Blad's group
Thumbnail

Advanced Squad Leader!

This is the place to discuss ASL and all things ASL
10 hours ago
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "The Crusades: The World's Debate" by Hilaire Belloc. Mr. Belloc has an…"
yesterday
Timothy J. Smith commented on Eric Walters's group Marine Maneuver Warfare Wargamers
"Brilliant, Eric; Semper Fi & thanks for sharing.  We might owe as much to Jim Lacey as we…"
yesterday
Nathan commented on Nathan's video
Thumbnail

Series Comparison: La Bataille [Regs XXX and ML] versus BAR

"Yeah I'm currently up to the 4:40pm turn. I'm doing it all as one video this time.…"
Saturday
Eric Walters commented on Eric Walters's group Marine Maneuver Warfare Wargamers
"Check out pages 16-20 of the new 38th Commandant of the Marine Corps 2019 Planning Guidance--covers…"
Saturday
Eric Walters commented on Nathan's video
Thumbnail

Series Comparison: La Bataille [Regs XXX and ML] versus BAR

"Hope you'll post a video on your Monmouth game--will really look forward to that!…"
Saturday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service