The last Bulge game I played was DG's Wacht Am Rhein, 2nd Edition. I should also quickly add that this playthrough was with the playtest version which my buddy, Dick Sauer, was officially playtesting for Joe Youst.

The one I want to play next is Nathan Kilgore's Iron Tide, published by Pacific Rim. I've always been a fan of the Victory in the West game system, so it's just a matter of shaking free one day to set this one up.

Views: 152

Replies to This Discussion

Just a few vacation days left John....
Attachments:

Late last year, after wrapping up work on Fall Blau, I dove into the Ardennes... I posted my Iron Tide AAR over in its folder. Then I tried Bastogne or Bust and wasn't impressed. I know Ardennes '44 is good... played it when it came out with Mark S. himself. Gamers' Ardennes is too German biased if you give them time to plan their moves. A few years ago I tried DBW... not impressed by the gamey feel. So, still my favorite Bulge game is Iron Tide.  :-)

Greg, I haven't played Iron Tide.  I have Ardennes (The Gamers) also.  Used to be my favorite. After getting heavily into Wacht am Rhein 2 last year I began reading more about the campaign.  Things about Ardennes started to bother me and I realized, though it may be a good game, it wasn't very accurate.  I really like WaR2, but it is a monster and continues to be in perpetual development. It will definetly get pulled out again.  Ardennes'44 just seems to be the best combination of playability and accuracy.  Besides I like Mark S's zoc system.

Tom,

You've played A44 a couple of times since January. What do you think of it now?

I'm priming up to play TiTM solo using CB. I like TiTM for a game.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Profile IconRon Fisher and Chelsea Rose Wendt joined ConsimWorld
yesterday
CC Snyder posted a blog post

878 Vikings Strategy Guide Pt. 2: Playing the English

Academy Games Creative Director Gunter Eickert has put together the second part of his strategy…See More
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a photo

C&C:N

One of the games I'll be running at this year's Pacificon
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a blog post

"Borg Fest" 2018 at Pacificon

I'll be among the dozen or so gamers running Command and Colors games at this year's Pacificon in…See More
Thursday
PittHistoryGuy left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Thanks, Eric! Will do."
Thursday
Stephen Weiss left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks Eric! Yeah, can't wait for Stalingrad '42 and the next game in the Next War…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Welcome to the website!  You seem to be a Renaissance Man/Wargamer with a diverse set of…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Stephen Weiss
"Stephen, welcome to the website!  You've got some eclectic tastes in games and they are…"
Wednesday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service