The counters are huge. I actually might consider this for miniatures.

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

I've suggested to Uwe that he consider using smaller combat results chits so that they can sit in the middle of the units and we can clearly see what effect the result has on the counter. I don't mind the existing chits for smaller scenarios, but for the big ones it will be a real pain to constantly look under the counters to see who can do what.
OK .. .so what are the three foldable white cardboard trays for? Holding counters? Does anyone out there use these? (I just opened my copy last night)
Yes, they hold all the counters nicely. I use mine. Keeps everything neatly packed in the box and makes grabbing what I need for set-up easy, too.
Actually, the box space is rather limited with the nice boards taking up the majority of the space. I may have to try using those white cardboard counter trays then. I think I have them folded properly, anyway. Maybe a dab of glue or some tape will do the trick to keep them assembled.
I haven't found a really good solution to the counter storage problem. While the cardboard bits were a nice thought, they don't keep the counters organized enough for me [I'm a bid A/R in that respect].

Until I find a tray that will actually fit the box, I am keeping mine in a Plano, which will also [barely] accommodate the cards. Necessitates another extraneous container, but such is the life of a counter-clipper.

I don't agree with the idea of smaller damage chits; I *love* the idea of having large, visible chits. I suppose you could make your own 'reduced size' chits, if you don't mind losing some of the FOW of the counters being on top and visible to friend and foe alike.
I like the large damage markers / chits as well.
Okay, I obviously don't have enough GMT stuff ... what GMT counter trays??? The 10-pk 20 spot ones? I have a bunch of the late AH 16-spot ones, but looks like that will overload the box, with board 6 added in. :^D

Help Center

Latest Activity

Nate commented on Charlescab's group Vassal War Game Players
"Charles, I put in a request for some that was offered on BGG, but never got to completion. There…"
1 hour ago
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2018
"Played the "Clear" scenario in '65. US was losing until his M48 got 3 PT76…"
7 hours ago
Charles Sutherland commented on Charlescab's group Vassal War Game Players
"Not that I know of but if someone can get me a good map scan I can do it! Also I have grenadier…"
15 hours ago
Nate commented on Charlescab's group Vassal War Game Players
"Is anyone working on or have a prototype for SPI Operation Typhoon?"
21 hours ago
Bruce Chamberlain posted a status
"Playing WiF. Looking for historical boardgame wargamers in CT & RI"
Jeffrey Mayer posted a photo
Profile Iconpratik multani, Bruce Chamberlain and Oscar J Calleja joined ConsimWorld
Grofaz joined Brian Blad's group

Advanced Squad Leader!

This is the place to discuss ASL and all things ASL

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service