Grocery list....

1. Has anyone out there a rather simple orders form?

2. Interpretation - just what does 'Support X?' mean? Should it be Carte Blanche to help another corps out anyway one wishes, or should it be more specific - naming paths to take and just how to support them?

Support should not mean 'go out to left field - 'X' sees a threat that might get in his way.'

3. Besides the Sample Orders that come with the games, perhaps sharing orders here would help so as to create a 'Best Practices' set of player's guidelines.

Also wondering if anyone has created a list of orders most commonly used they might want to share that have become accepted as good form.

I am just getting into these games and the biggest problem I have is with orders - I am in favor of rigid clarity; not loosie goosie.

Views: 134

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah orders are the primary reason I haven't delved too deep into these games. I think it's more to do with trying to change your mindset. If you're a competitive gamer then the transition to the CWB series is probably as difficult as trying to turn from straight to gay; So it's probably not possible! :)
In my last RSS/CWBS game my opponent used an order that instructed large force to destroy one of my divisions. "Attack and destroy X division!" There was no way for it to get away, because according to my opponents they were following the 'seach and destroy"-orders. Rediculous! Last time I played against him!

I seached the rulebook for any comment, rule aginst this sort of behavior, but without luck. I was certain that I had read something, somewhere... Prehaps it's in some old Operations article.

What do you say about this? Do you only allows geographical objectives?

Jonas
And therein lies the problem. Who can claim to know how an order was carried out historically? Even historians disagree.

With these games your ideal opponent isn't someone who knows history well, nor is it someone who is honest and non-competitive. What you really need is an opponent who interprets orders the same way you do, and chances are that person doesn't exist!
Still often have a great time playing them!

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters left a comment for Larry Belmont
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Larry!  Yes, one doesn't hear much about this…"
yesterday
Larry Belmont is now a member of ConsimWorld
yesterday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Tuesday
Tom Marshall joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Tuesday
Dave Smith joined Charlescab's group
Monday
Eric Walters commented on Jon Compton's group Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict
"World War III is back!  A slew of games published on the long-abandoned topic with many more…"
Sunday
Eric Walters commented on Eric Walters's group FIGHTING WINGS series games
"So happy with WINGS OF THE MOTHERLAND and the LPS/ATO Kickstarter campaign to reprint an updated…"
Sunday
Eric Walters commented on Manabu Matsuura's group Talkin' GTS
"Still awaiting RACE TO BASTOGNE with baited breath, and then the game on Utah beach and the…"
Sunday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service