I loved it when this new company from Nornal IL. came on the scene with DNO-a true monster game(and then later a monster series with Europa) if there was one. They made games on subjects the other two leaders weren't touching until later. I still love their games ,bad rules writing and all. and GDW was known for some loose rules that you could drive a truck through to figure out! But I stilled pressed on with them. And when they added the Conflict game line to their own and remade those games I was in heaven.

Yes GDW stands up there in the number three spot behind AH & SPI.

Views: 111

Replies to This Discussion

Yes me to. I have DNO/UNT (still unpunched copies) and still several Europa's games. I created an Eastern GDW Cyberboard game box. It's up at LYG , you have to search for game boxes and then scroll down and click All Game Boxes. I also still have a copy of Road to the Rhine, I also worked with Skip F. on that game box as well. Although not monsters 1815 is a great GDW game as well. Oh and I still have most of the Assault series (missing the Chieftain module, but I got the Reinforcements module.

Great games.
I was so disappointed when I read in an early GDW flyer they had Austerlitz listed for a up coming game, and would have been regimental tlevel too but it never got designed. Heck,I even have those old flyers-I'm such a pack rat when it comes to wargaming.

Well I don't have my copies of DNO/UNT unpunched but one set I did buy from someone else is still all grouped together. I know I'll never get those counters sort out!

Oh, I deleted that Monster part of the intro
It's funny back when AH was around when I was younger I would buy and play more of those games than either SPI or GDW. But after all of these years, frankly GDW's games are the only older games I have any interest in picking up... For me I'm sure it is the content (they had a strong emphasis on the Cold War), but still I find it interesting.
Hi all

I just purchased a copy of Fire in the East , does anyone have any photos of a game setup? Ive seen the pics on boardgamegeek, but a lot of them are just scans of counters , or the total Europa maps setup, not just FitE

cheers
Robert I suggest you also try to find Scorched Earth (should run from 120-300).

I don't have any photos of it setup.
Well, im still basking in the after glow of getting FITE and SPIs Wacht am Rhein for 75 bucks, UNpunched!

so Ill wait a while for SE! :)
Did you get them both for 75 or each?
both :)
Now that's a good deal!

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Ian Schofield posted a photo

Barbed Wire Comparison

With and without added wire.
2 hours ago
Profile IconIan Raine and Aamir Zakaria joined ConsimWorld
yesterday
Eric Walters left a comment for Larry Belmont
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Larry!  Yes, one doesn't hear much about this…"
Thursday
Larry Belmont is now a member of ConsimWorld
Thursday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Tuesday
Tom Marshall joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Tuesday
Dave Smith joined Charlescab's group
Sep 14
Eric Walters commented on Jon Compton's group Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict
"World War III is back!  A slew of games published on the long-abandoned topic with many more…"
Sep 12

Events

Members

Recent CSW News Stories

Loading… Loading feed

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service