Which game is the best one to start learning the system? Which scenarios? This is one of those rare operational-level treatments of the American Civil War...there's not much other competition out there. So where to begin?

Views: 267

Replies to This Discussion

Until Volumn VIII publishes, Grant Takes Command is the best in the series, at least in terms of scenarios.

Once you've learned the game and you're ready to tackle a campaign game, On To Richmond is (IMO) the best of the seven.

Is it balanced? Probably not. But the level of strategic choices facing both players is unmatched by any of the other six games.
"Until Volume VIII publishes."

Please tell me more!

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Profile IconRon Fisher and Chelsea Rose Wendt joined ConsimWorld
19 hours ago
CC Snyder posted a blog post

878 Vikings Strategy Guide Pt. 2: Playing the English

Academy Games Creative Director Gunter Eickert has put together the second part of his strategy…See More
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a photo

C&C:N

One of the games I'll be running at this year's Pacificon
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a blog post

"Borg Fest" 2018 at Pacificon

I'll be among the dozen or so gamers running Command and Colors games at this year's Pacificon in…See More
Thursday
PittHistoryGuy left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Thanks, Eric! Will do."
Thursday
Stephen Weiss left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks Eric! Yeah, can't wait for Stalingrad '42 and the next game in the Next War…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Welcome to the website!  You seem to be a Renaissance Man/Wargamer with a diverse set of…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Stephen Weiss
"Stephen, welcome to the website!  You've got some eclectic tastes in games and they are…"
Wednesday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service