Well, the long awaited game arrived in my mail today. Very sturdy box. Gorgeous components. Lots o' scenarios. If I had any complaint, it would be about the glossy finish on the maps, overlays, and counters--too much glare given my wargame room lighting. So I plan to spray some matte clear acrylic finish on these before trying my first game.

What a marvelous package. Begs to be played!

Views: 259

Replies to This Discussion

I finally got mine, awesome package !

Lots of goodies to keep me busy for a long time, I think my group will like it, they were asking for a tactical game and had already ruled out ASL, and we were not playing ATS enough, so, I think LnL will fill the bill.

The downside ? I will have to buy the entire system :)

[]'s Carlos...

I finally was able to break out HotB and play over the holidays, even though I bought it back in 09 (deployments do that to you).  Anyway, I hope to get through every scenario in the next few months.  I played Bloody Valley and Phoney War.  Both Scenarios were extremely exciting and I thought well balanced. The Germans won in both.  There are some situational sequencing questions when the event marker in Phoney War is unveiled.  I have posted my question in BBG HoTB rules Forum.

Game is great, Components are very nice.

One thing i would love to have is PDFs of the Maps to

1. Correct the Brightness for printed Version (the included Maps are too dark)

1. Print them out at about 130%

Can anybody help me about that?

I finally started reading the rules yesterday and am planning to play it tomorrow. It will take a lot of blackmail to get the group away from "Wings of War: Dawn of World War 2" but I think I'll manage to do it :)

IMHO the rules are very well written, and the game system seems to be easy to understand and fun to play. The maps and counters are gorgeous, so it appeals to the eyes and begs to be played. 

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Nathan posted a video

Waterloo - 1:40pm - Marcognet's III Division drives the Dutch-Belgians back!

La Bataille de Mont Saint Jean [Clash of Arms games, 1993] Waterloo - 1:40pm - Marcognet's III Division drives the Dutch-Belgians back!
11 hours ago
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2018
"Bannavento 60 A.D. from Warrior Queen. The Britons attack."
yesterday
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2018
yesterday
Nathan posted videos
Sunday
Profile IconJames R Arnold, Robert Schoolfield and Vincent 'TJ' Taijeron joined ConsimWorld
Saturday
Eric Newman and Michael Ryzy are now friends
Friday
Brian Boone updated their profile
Friday
Martin Mayers and john pysz are now friends
Friday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service