So what are your favorite Nappy games and rulesets?

Views: 198

Replies to This Discussion

Wellington's Victory ( I have two flatbox versions both unpunched)
War and Peace
TAHC Waterloo (what a classic)
No, Can't say I have Chuck. I don't use Cyberboard. Could never figure the darn thing out. Have ADC however.
Favorite Napoloenic Games:

Tactical Games--the stuff Bowen Simmons is putting out. Wow. Sure, others have better tactical treatments, but these are games that LOOK like Napoloenic warfare and can be played in an afternoon. What more do you want? Yes, I love the LA BATTAILLE series, I like WELLINGTON'S VICTORY/NEY VERSUS WELLINGTON, and sure, the Napoleonic Brigade System by The Gamers/MMP scratches a lot of itches for me. But...I can't help it...Simmons Games...I could never get enough of this. THESE ARE GAMES I can teach people and recruit new wargamers with. Like I used to do with Columbia's/AH's NAPOLEON...with those wonderful BLOCKS....

Operational games. Okay, how much competition is there for that? To me, it's Zucker/OSG...OSG and Zucker. The latest 2X series is marvelous. Not that there's a whole lot of people trying to horn in on that part of the market share...

Strategic games? GMT's THE NAPOLEONIC WARS is admittedly hard to beat and I'll probably not go back to EMPIRES IN ARMS or even WAR AND PEACE....
Bonsoir a tous, grognards! Like probably most of you I have played the Clash of Arms La Bataille rules. The latest 'unofficial' rewrite, the Regs year XXX, puts a playable command system in place that places some realistic constraints on how fast units can react to a situation.

Am interested if any of you have a favorite set of miniature rules, I still use a modified version of GDW 'Fire and Steel.'
La Gloire de Guerre from The Games of War. Yes, I'm biased. But it's played well even at the Lake Geneva Games Convention, the home of rpgs! The book has another set of miniatures rules for Napoleonic armies and one more for skirmishes, and 36 more sets of rules for everything else.
John you have a link to this one?
Rulesets - depending on level of play, General de Brigade, Age of Eagles, or Volley and Bayonet ( new ed out soon).

For board games, I dont like to see tactical games in that format to be honest - minis do it so much better. So for board games it has to be campaigns - VGs 1809, AH W&P, Nap at Bay (AH version) all spring to mind.

Fire and Steel!!! Wow! You really do like the old style. I remember them well, and still have a set on my shelves. Nicely boxed, which was unusual at the time for minis rules. There were quite a few big holes in them for my own preference though. I guess Ive played most minis sets in my day! :o)

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Mark Traylor left a comment for Steve
"Steve:  Welcome to the area.  No ftf groups that I know of.  I generally have only…"
15 hours ago
Mark Traylor and Steve are now friends
15 hours ago
Eric Walters posted a photo

CATACLYSM -- early 1941-1942 Turn

In commemoration of the anniversary of both Operation BARBAROSSA and Operation BAGRATION on…
16 hours ago
zatoichi is now a member of ConsimWorld
16 hours ago
Steve joined Steve Dixon's group
Thumbnail

Operation Nordwind, Dec. 31, 1944 to January 18, 1945

Currently looking for play testers for this card driven game. It's meant to introduce new players…See More
19 hours ago
Steve replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Just started On to Berlin by Gen Gavin."
20 hours ago
Steve joined John Bobek's group
20 hours ago
Steve posted a status
"Hey I moved to south Texas."
20 hours ago

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service