Just curious. Do most of you prefer playing the Pax system as mulitplayer or 2 player? So far, out of all my games, I have had much more fun via 2 player games. However, I have yet to try a game without the "Talk the Talk" optional rule. If alliances were perhaps more restricted, I may like them more.

Views: 25

Replies to This Discussion

To be honest, I also prefer 2-player, but I haven't had nearly as much experience with multi-player as with 2-player. I do know that the game plays well multi-player, so that's not an issue, but I play most games 2-player so that's probably why.

My favourite way to play Pax is to play either of the full scenarios using only two players, with each player taking two powers. You need to cooperate with each other when it comes to things like powers working together, but my regular opponent and I have always managed to work it out just fine.
Interesting. I think I may have to try the 4-player game with 2 players. How do you handle the different powers? Do you play extreme opposites, i.e. Rome and East one player and Greece and Carthage the other? Are the powers aligned?

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters left a comment for Patrick Polk
"Patrick, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website.  I hope you find some groups that interest…"
4 hours ago
Patrick Polk is now a member of ConsimWorld
4 hours ago
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "White Gold" by Giles Milton. A Bio of Thomas Pellow, who at 11 yrs. old and 51…"
23 hours ago
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Relic" by Alan Dean Foster. A SF novel with a twist.  In the distant future,…"
Tuesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Bob Jones
"Bob, great to see you here!  Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website!  Hope you find…"
Dec 1
Bob Jones is now a member of ConsimWorld
Dec 1
Eric Walters left a comment for Chris Haupt
"Chris, it sure looks like you appreciate the pre-Napoleonic and Napoleonic era games!  1776…"
Nov 30
Chris Haupt updated their profile
Nov 28

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service