I own the very old WW2 in the Pacific Game 'East Wind Rain' by Task Force Games.
It is fiddly and old and some other ugly things. But one mechanic I liked very much.

I move units until you stop me and you begin to move units. Moving includes the fighting.
Also I can stop moving units at anytime and you have to start moving. For this some actions
are termed aggressive and others not. So when I move and want you to go than I
have to do a minimum of one aggressive action.

Never saw this again but I would realy like to.
Is East Wind Rain the only one game with this mechanic ?

Sorry about my poor English :-)

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

I have East Wind Rain, or at least I did before I sold it, the rules are a complete disgrace. Actually, I think they are the worst wargame rules I have ever read, and that is saying something. Still, it did have some clever ideas, as a complete, workable game however, it just doesn't measure up.

I do vaguely remember the mechanic you are talking about and I have seen something similar used in Victory Games Pacific War. You can usually find a copy on ebay for around $50 or so.
sure,and the worst counters too.
VG did similar in some of their games. the Civil War , Vietnam 65-75.
but as I know, never in such a radicaly way like in Eastwind Rain.
Bad Game but good Mechanic. I hope that someone bring up this Idea again.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Richard Comfort updated their profile
23 minutes ago
Kevin Caldwell commented on John Kranz's blog post CSW Forum is Down
"Thanks for the updates, John. Hopefully things will be back up this weekend, but I also look…"
10 hours ago
Jeff Twining posted a status
"Bill, thanks for the offer. Hopefully I can take you up on it sometime and we can gab about games & such."
13 hours ago
Mark E. Owens replied to Eric Walters's discussion Best Western Front Early War wargames in the group WW2 West Front Games
"I have raved about STORM OVER SCANDINAVIA though not usually over the historical Invasion of…"
17 hours ago
Mark E. Owens replied to Jim Werbaneth's discussion Bodyguard Overlord in the group WW2 West Front Games
"I have Bodyguard/Overlord, and does appear brilliant. Never got anyone to play it, though I have…"
17 hours ago
Mark E. Owens replied to Ola Palmquist's discussion End of this series? in the group Avalanche press´s operational level wargames
"Are you still around, Ola? Do you still pull these AP operational maneuver titles out? I've…"
17 hours ago
Mark E. Owens replied to Ola Palmquist's discussion End of this series? in the group Avalanche press´s operational level wargames
"As you know by now, Mike B. decided he didn't want to do the RED DESERT in the…"
17 hours ago
Mark E. Owens commented on Bill Wood's group Victory Games
"Ditching the Family..... They keep "pulling me back in"! God alone knows why, but they…"
18 hours ago

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service