I'm currently embroiled in two design projects, but I'm constantly letting my mind wander off to new ideas and subjects. One idea which has got hold of me is to make a game based on the book "48 laws of power" by Robert Greene. I would like to place it in Shanghai between 1937-41, when you had all these groups (criminals, nationalists, western powers, Japanese and what have you) struggling against each other to get on top. If made ríght, I believe it could be an exciting multi-player game.

Views: 72

Replies to This Discussion

FGA - I keep telling myself I will but time is always a factor. I do think the rules for War in the Pacific might work though. They were pretty counters.
Didn't SPI try it before the pretty graphics were even in existence?
Jim:

I'm not following...

Smitty
FGA used to plagiarize SPI games and graft their own sucky rules to existing SPI OOB's and maps. They ended up pretty defiant about it too.

I have an idea to make a Dien Bien Phu game with what I call a floating game turn. Each game turn includes phases like replacement, rally, strategic movement, operational movement, momentum, reaction och combat (3 of them, actually). But why do both players have to conduct their replacement or rally at the same time? Why can't one player make a massive attack at the same as the other player makes his replacement?

Here is the main idea of placing the phases on cards instead. You play the phase you want to play.
Kim,

now that is a great idea. What about having the players to plot their phases (in secret) and reveal those phases cards at the same time ? Just my two cents. By the way - great contribution to this group. More, please !
That is a good idea, but I'm not sure it would work in Dien Bien Phu since both sides were quick (especially the French) in their responses. Therefore "locked" cards would not be correct. But I will save the idea for later use.
That certainly brings J. G. Ballard's novel 'The Empire of the Sun' to mind. Likewise, 'Lust, Caution' as mentioned by Eric Walters.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Greg Blanchett commented on Nate's group Victory in the West series and related games
"VCS Kharkov is now up for pre-order with MMP...…"
6 hours ago
Kevin Kinsel and Stephen P Van Hoak are now friends
8 hours ago
Tom Bell is now a member of ConsimWorld
yesterday
Markm1767 posted photos
Monday
Profile IconCorey and BoardTactical joined ConsimWorld
Sunday
BoardTactical joined Bill Wood's group
Thumbnail

Victory Games

All Things Victory Games - the SPI/AH hybrid of the mid to late 80s.
Sunday
BoardTactical joined Alfonso Velasco's group
Sunday
BoardTactical joined Brian Blad's group
Thumbnail

East Front Series -- GMT

This is the place to talk about strategy, tactics, etc. for the EFS games created by Vance!
Sunday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service