Looking forward to this one. My uncle on my mother's side fought with the French during this war. I haven't been able to get him to write down his recollections. I am still trying!

Views: 66

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, I hope I wont let you down. B-29 Superfortress has received a lot of attention. It will be exciting to see when it's published, which will be soon, I suspect. What is your next project?
Kim - currently working on two projects: Operation Nordwind - an introductory card driven game depicting Hitler's last offensive in the west in January 1945. The action took place in the Alsace-Lorraine region of France. The other project is Picket Duty - a sloitaire game in which the player is the captain of a Fletcher class destroyer while performing picket duty off the island of Okinawa March - June 1945. The goal - survive as kamikazes try to sink your ship and inflict maximum damage on the US fleet supporting the troops on the island.
I'd get this at the drop of a hat. Without a doubt. This is the kind of game I've been looking for...especially on this war. Wow!
Check out its site, where another phase has been added to the game turn walkthrough:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@28.aP1QdT1jPbe.24@.1dd2d9c2/18

Now the whole first game turn has been played. Have a look:
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@145.B8oydLuiPXB.16@.1dd2d9c2
Kim - Thanks for the post. France seems to have gotten a good turn...will it last?
I don't know, maybe I should do an extra game turn.

Well, well. Take alook at this:

http://www.lennemi-intime-lefilm.fr/
Kim - impressive preview! Has this movie been released? If it has hopefully it will make it to the United States. Do you know where it was filmed?

Unfortunately I do not know the language.

Steve
At first I thought that it would be released this Octobre, then I realized that it came last year. So it's already out there:

http://video.fnac.com/a2229262/L-Ennemi-intime-Edition-Collector-Be...

But, unfortunately, not translated yet. You will have to learn your morher's tongue :-)
That is what my mother keeps telling me. And thanks for the link!
I will here try to point out the mechanics in ”Ici, c’est la France!”. It starts in winter 1955 and ends sometime in 1961-62. Each game turn is one season.

1) Allocation of new operation points: Both sides use operation points to pay for things they do. The maximum number ops that you may have are 20 points. The number of ops France gets will increase each game turn. FLN will get ops from each region that is contested or FLN controlled. The number of ops FLN gets also depends on how populated the contested or controlled regions are.

2) Political chits: You will have some on your hand and you will draw a new one each game turn except winters. These chits may affect…
a) …the ability of FLN to conduct the insurgency.
b) …the patience of the French public, which eventually will force an end to the war through a referendum. A referendum will (by rolling three dice) check each region and see if the population there votes pro-FLN or pro-France. This is one way of winning.
c) …the mood of the military and Pied-noirs (local French population in Algeria) who in the end might push France into the abyss.
d) …the Moslem population, making it more pro-FLN or more pro-France.
e) …the amount of operation points you start the game turn with.
f) …the French garrison value in Algeria. The higher it is the more difficult it is for FLN to contest or control a region.
g) …the war through specific events.

3) Reinforcements: FLN recruits new fighters in regions where they are present. The number of fighters they may recruit in a region depends on how large the population is and what allegiance it has. The cost in ops depends on the ability of the FLN and how pro-FLN the population is. France pays with ops for the reinforcements which arrive during the first 2-3 years. Therefore, it won’t that many ops left to spend before 1958.

4) FLN movement, attack and supply check:
a) Movement will cost ops if they enter a region controlled by France and FLN fighters may move no further after entering a region with no FLN presence.
b) After paying ops FLN may attack the civil society. Success will depend on the FLN ability and the number of fighters. A successful attack will make the population more pro-FLN (because of the retributions from the Pied-noirs)
c) The number of fighters which can be supplied in a region depends on how pro-FLN and how large the population is.

5) French movement, attack and supply check:
a) Movement will cost ops if they enter a region controlled by FLN. French units try to find the FLN fighters.
b) French units may attack FLN fighters. After having paying ops the fighters have to be found. If they are, the French units may attack and try to kill them off. Success will depend on the French units, the terrain and the allegiance of the population. The point is to decrease the amount of FLN fighters in a region and thereby deny FLN control or even contest there.
c) Regions, not units, check for supply. FLN will gain ops if regions can’t trace to an harbour without passing a FLN-controlled region.

6) Insurgency and counter insurgency:
a) FLN may spend ops and change the allegiance in a region which is contested or FLN controlled.
b) France may spend ops and change the allegiance in a region which is French controlled. If the region has an allegiance which is totally pro-FLN, it has to be purged first (which may fail).
c) France may also resettle part of a population in a region in order to decrease the FLN supply. But a resettlement will also push the population one step towards pro-FLN. France may also infiltrate in regions which are contested (only) in order to make the population less pro-FLN.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2017
"Played a couple battles from Horse & Musket. We found the optional formation and facing…"
17 hours ago
Daniel Red Cloud Brown joined Eric Walters's group
Thumbnail

Marine Maneuver Warfare Wargamers

A group devoted to studying and practicing Marine Corps maneuver warfare doctrine through…See More
21 hours ago
Jim Thomas updated their profile
yesterday
Tom McKinney is now a member of ConsimWorld
Saturday
Magnus Kimura commented on Magnus Kimura's group B-26: The Marauder Strikes!
"Here is a Sequence of Play, created by Ken Legg, one of the B-26 test-pilots, somewhat modified by…"
Saturday
Greg Blanchett updated their profile
Saturday
Jeffrey Mayer posted a photo

15mm Panzer B2s

3d prints
Friday
Wayne Rotella posted a status
"GMT just charged for Holland '44! Wouldn't it be great to get before Sep 17th? This my be the most excited I have been about a game!"
Aug 17

Members

Top Content 

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service