Thought I'd start this thread for gamers to register ideas for new game titles, systems, treatments, etc. I have a few that I'd like to see someday. Consider this a "super feedback" discussion site, where you get to pick the titles and descriptions instead of merely rating those in somebody's magazine!

Views: 108

Replies to This Discussion

Another thought is to design a Dien Bien Phu game on a company level. But instead of a point to point map as in VaeVictis, it should have a proper hex-map. It shouldn't be complex but it should be tense.
Not really ground-breaking, but I'd really like to see a "Strike" game for the Central Front, Germany. I've started a project on this. Let me know about your thoughts! thanks.
My big pick for a fascinating an utterly ignored board wargame topic is the Eastern European Renaissance. Poland-Lithuania, Muscovy/Russia, Sweden, Ottoman empire, Crimean Tatars, Rumanians, and Zaporozhian Cossacks. From circa 1500 to the end of the 1600's these folks fought a whole slew of conflicts that have not seen more than a handful of obscure boardgames and a couple scenarios in more popular ones. It is fairly represented among miniatures gamers but despite being the subject of great works of literature and all sorts of historical discussion fireworks it has never really been put forward in a major wargame production.

There is an upcoming S&T on the relief of the Siege of Vienna which seems to be the one event within this scope that draws immediate interest from most people (yet I think this will be the first game produced on the subject by a major boardgame publisher?). But the entire period goes much deeper than that and Vienna is actually one of the less interesting topics (at least for me).

I would like to see something from, say, the great Ukraine Cossack rebellion that began in 1648. I pick: the Battle of Korsun May 26, 1648 where the Cossacks and their Tatar allies pocketed (like how i did that?) both the Polish Crown Hetmans and most of their army.
There are a few battles with Swedes and Poles in the Musket and Pike series.
What about the insurgency in Rhodesia? Would there be any interest in a subject like that?

A topic that is in the pipeline is to do a game based on the old classic game "Source of the Nile". Instead of drawing on a blank map of Africa it will be zones and terrain tiles.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Jonathan Kapleau updated their profile
11 hours ago
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2017
"Circus Maximus (above) and Imperium (below).  From GMT's "Rome" 2002. …"
18 hours ago
David Wessman updated their profile
yesterday
Bruce Ivar Gudmundsson replied to Bruce Ivar Gudmundsson's discussion Squad Leader (and similar games) as a tool for creating tactical decision games (TDGs) and free wargames in the group Marine Maneuver Warfare Wargamers
"This is splendid.  Thank you so much for the post, as well as for the article."
Wednesday
Bruce Ivar Gudmundsson and Alan Hastings are now friends
Wednesday
Markm1767 commented on Markm1767's photo
Thumbnail

pl6

"Panzer leader situation No. 10 Operation Market: Arnhem. Decisive German victory."
Nov 13
Markm1767 posted photos
Nov 13
Markm1767 commented on Markm1767's photo
Thumbnail

pl3

"Panzer Leader - Situation No.1 German victory"
Nov 12

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service