You have supply rules in most wargames but with many variants. I have a weak spot for supply dumps. Through this you can easily put a limit to how much there is and a simple logistics in bringing it forward. In my latest project Dien Bien Phu I'm pondering about a new variant to this. The French had a capacity limit which meant there was a constant shortage all the time. Now, considering that you basically need five things brought in: Food, ammunition, gasolin, people and spare parts, one can then make five different supply counters. Each one, when present, is simply spent and removed in order to be allowed to do things in the game. Now, each counter demands a certain freight capacity (on airplanes) and you don't have enough capacity to fly in all that you need, how do you prioritize? The system could be made simple and easy to grasp but still fun and frustrating to deal with.

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

Campaign for North Africa breaks up supply into Fuel, Ammunition, Water, and Stores points. (And, of course, your supply trucks use fuel and you can also lose fuel to evaporation.) Along with breakdown and repair rules, one turn of CNA will teach you more about modern warfare than a lifetime of playing other games. (Though I really like the supply system of OCS.)
Yes, CNA is quite famous for its details. The thing is that in the real world you are a bunch of people trying to keep track of things, not just a sole person as in CNA :-)

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Leo Zappa and usrlocal are now friends
2 hours ago
Eric Walters and Donald Johnson are now friends
4 hours ago
Donald Johnson joined John Kranz's group
Thumbnail

CSW Expo Attendees

Whether you previously attended CSW Expo or will be attending CSW Expo 2013, we invite you to join…See More
4 hours ago
Donald Johnson joined Joe Steadman's group
Thumbnail

Bulge or Bust

For those of use who are addicted to gaming and studying the Ardennes Offensive....
4 hours ago
Donald Johnson joined Chuck S.'s group
Thumbnail

All things SPI

Dedicated to the old school game titles by SPI!
4 hours ago
Donald Johnson joined Dan Stueber's group
Thumbnail

The European Theater of Operations

A group for all the games that cover the ETO during World War 2. Add your favorite.
4 hours ago
Donald Johnson joined Eric Walters's group
Thumbnail

All That is Avalon Hill

Recalling everything that was the old Avalon Hill Game Company and playing the new stuff since…See More
4 hours ago
Donald Johnson joined Kim Meints's group
Thumbnail

All Things Victory Point Games

Discussion of all the games in the VPG line up
4 hours ago

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service