You have supply rules in most wargames but with many variants. I have a weak spot for supply dumps. Through this you can easily put a limit to how much there is and a simple logistics in bringing it forward. In my latest project Dien Bien Phu I'm pondering about a new variant to this. The French had a capacity limit which meant there was a constant shortage all the time. Now, considering that you basically need five things brought in: Food, ammunition, gasolin, people and spare parts, one can then make five different supply counters. Each one, when present, is simply spent and removed in order to be allowed to do things in the game. Now, each counter demands a certain freight capacity (on airplanes) and you don't have enough capacity to fly in all that you need, how do you prioritize? The system could be made simple and easy to grasp but still fun and frustrating to deal with.

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

Campaign for North Africa breaks up supply into Fuel, Ammunition, Water, and Stores points. (And, of course, your supply trucks use fuel and you can also lose fuel to evaporation.) Along with breakdown and repair rules, one turn of CNA will teach you more about modern warfare than a lifetime of playing other games. (Though I really like the supply system of OCS.)
Yes, CNA is quite famous for its details. The thing is that in the real world you are a bunch of people trying to keep track of things, not just a sole person as in CNA :-)

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

BoardTactical joined Bill Wood's group
Thumbnail

Victory Games

All Things Victory Games - the SPI/AH hybrid of the mid to late 80s.
1 hour ago
BoardTactical joined Alfonso Velasco's group
1 hour ago
BoardTactical joined Brian Blad's group
Thumbnail

East Front Series -- GMT

This is the place to talk about strategy, tactics, etc. for the EFS games created by Vance!
1 hour ago
BoardTactical is now a member of ConsimWorld
2 hours ago
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Qaidu And The Rise Of The Independent Mongol State In Central Asia" by Michal…"
18 hours ago
Profile IconDonald Egan and John Price1 joined ConsimWorld
yesterday
Ian Schofield posted a photo

Its a madhouse

Exactly how I feel about the media most of the time.
yesterday
Roberto Volpi is now a member of ConsimWorld
Thursday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service