I think it was at MONSTER.CON in 2001 (or maybe 2002, I can't remember)...I brought a bottle of pure malt to the game table. Four of us playing KORSUN POCKET. And the scotch? Lagavulin 16 year. But of course. I know, I know, it should have been some Russian vodka of some sort, but one must drink what one prefers. Maybe if I can play some THE DEVIL'S CAULDON I'll drink scotch while playing with a bit more confidence.

So what are you favorite liquor and wargame pairings? A spot of sake when playing WHISTLING DEATH or EMPIRE OF THE SUN? Which brand? Does MAKER'S MARK bourbon go better with A FEARFUL SLAUGHTER or another game? Tell us your preferences....

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

Awright, it's time somebody did something about this.

I'm contemplating Critical Hit's latest edition of the STONNE HASL. What might be the perfect cocktail with this? I'm thinking a green Chartreuse martini. Yes. Especially for the French player. It's a hard fought contest, but at the end of the day, one needs a hint of fennel to handle the indigestion when 1st Gross Deutchland regiment finally takes the town. Either this or an absinthe with sugar and water (as is traditional) as a digestive...especially after all that wine and cheese....
At the ConsimExpo of either '05 or '06, I gamed the whole 9-mapper "Seven Days". I brought a bottle of "Rebel Yell", cheap bourbon, which we sipped on during the week.

This year, I am playing TDC and am not sure if we will have some German beer or scotch.
I mostly drink red wine or beer if I'm drinking while gaming, but the idea of a good malt for a xmas gaming session has a seductive appeal.

Meanwhile:

Here's me and the first of several large birthday whiskies just last night! ;)
Happy Birthday then :-)

Whisky goes with every game.  There was that fine Macallan 37 we tasted last year.  Come winter there's the lovely Caol Ila 25 on the bar or the Octomore if you really want peat.  Lagavulin is always a standby.  As the days warm there's a lovely Talisker 25 waiting to be cracked, or that Glen Rothes 30 or 26.  Plus my favorite, if not the best, Glen Albyn - got a 26 right now.

If you need ice, the Grouse is kept handy and if you need sweet Gentleman Jack will more than suffice.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Nathan posted videos
1 hour ago
Nathan updated their profile
10 hours ago
Nathan posted a video

How to play [1]: 1914 Serbien Muss Sterbien - 1: Forces and Organisation

How to play [1] 1914: Serbien Muss Sterbien [GMT Games 2015] Designer: Michael Resch 1914 Series
yesterday
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post Line of Departure Issue 82 Available
"If anyone wants to buy the issue or subscribe, I'm down here in Raleigh temporarily, and…"
Thursday
Nathan posted videos
Thursday
Joe Schmidt posted a discussion

Suggestions for Good Groups?

Hey All, Just found out about this social platform. Any suggestions on good active groups to join?See More
Wednesday
Joe Schmidt joined Mike O'Brien's group
Thumbnail

Sacramento Area Gaming

Board and miniature wargamers located in, around or near Sacramento California.
Wednesday
Joe Schmidt replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Currently Now It Can Be Told by Phillip Gibbs."
Wednesday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service