I bought this title when it first came out. I have had fun with it ever since. One of my favorite games.

Fun, fast action, and a general all-around great game.

One of my gaming buddies also like this game and hopefully we can game it one day.

I must admit I have not played it in a while, hum, the wife is away today perhaps...

Views: 87

Replies to This Discussion

About 20 years ago a friend of mine bought this game after we read Red Storm Rising. We played it a lot. At that time the Soviets never lost a game. He gave it to me several years ago and I found out we were playing many of the rules wrong. Since then I don't believe the Soviets have won a game.

One memorable game I played solitare had the Soviets pushing hard between Hamburg and Hannover (like always). I thought I ahd enough NATO strength in the area so I was counter attacking south of there (8GA area) with the US and Germans. On turn 6 or 7 somehow the Russians blew a 5 hex hole in the NATO lines. Basically the Belgians and British were gone. At the end of the Russian turn I remember thinking "How in the world did I NOT see that coming...I'm playing myself.....I should know what I am thinking". I love a game that when played solitare can cause you to surprise yourself.
Dan,

Great to see you here. The last couple of times I soloed it (I always use chem) the Soviets won and NATO won. I can't remember if I used Nucs or not off the top of my head but chem is the way to go as the Soviets. I have a couple of other Soviet tricks that gets me through the gap, the North German Plain can be a bitch, but I remember bleeding the Brits, Germans and Danes and getting all those city hexes.

Man it's been a long time, need to dig out the rules again.
I loved this game when I got it back in the 1980s, but lost the rules when my family packed up house and moved (I was in the army at the time, so I didn't get to pack my own stuff!). Since then, it's been a constant search for the rules... I got a scanned copy mailed to me a while back, but would love to get my hands on the original!
I'm in the same boat as Neil, except I don't even have a scanned copy of the rules. Anyone have a soft copy they can send me?
I only ever managed about 3 turns on this one. I guess when I was in college my gaming buddy and I couldn't be torn away from Bismarck long enough to play this one. I still own it. I'll have to solitaire it sometime.
Got it cheap when it was on Nobleknightgames.com. I've only set the pieces up, then took it down. Quite interesting... would love to PBEM it sometime.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: "Conquistador" by AH. Had 3 players but the French were knocked out of the game…"
5 hours ago
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Twisted Prey" by John Sanford. The latest Lucas Davenport novel and he is pitted…"
6 hours ago
Ian Schofield posted photos
8 hours ago
John Gibbins is now a member of ConsimWorld
11 hours ago
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2019
"Arquebus (GMT) 2nd battle  Cerignola  1503: The French break through the Spanish…"
Sunday
Eric Walters commented on Kev's album
Thumbnail

Forgotten Legions -

"Probably worth comparing this revised edition with Reluctant Enemies (OCS, MMP) and Legion Games…"
Sunday
John Kranz commented on Kev's photo
Thumbnail

2019-01-18 12.53.29

"Nice to see the game getting set-up. Thanks for posting, Kev."
Saturday
Scott H. Moore updated their profile
Saturday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service