It's sitting on my self, haven't played it yet but looks good... But does it count as a wargame or is it only an action game.

Views: 12

Replies to This Discussion

I guess it's the same as board games, do you consider all board games that contain war to be war games? :)

I am pretty bad at RTS, at least in multiplayer. I enjoy Company of Heroes against the AI. I think when I get a new graphics card I might take a look at World in Conflict, I've heard good things.
A game on war is a wargame no matter the platform and of course WiC does count. Axis & Allies is a wargame as well...the question is whether a game is a conflict simulation or not. A&A is certainly a wargame but no consim, I haven't played WiC yet so can't say whether it's a wargame or a simulation.
It falls more under the real time strategy genre than wargame genre, but it sure does look pretty. It follows the same basic rock-paper-scissors combat system where each unit has a counter, and there isn't any difference in the game strength wise between say a T-80 and an M-1.

I have enjoyed it though, and if you have a nice system, watching Tactical Aid get used in the game is great. WiC was the first title I loaded when I built my new system at the end of July. You have everything from pgm strikes, artillery, and napalm to fuel-air explosives, chem strikes, and nukes. Sometimes it is hard to concentrate on playing the game because it is so entertaining to watch it unfold.
It falls more under the real time strategy genre than wargame genre

I don't see how you can say RTS games are per se not wargames. A wargame is a game on war, it's that simple. RTS is a specific mechanic of gameplay nothing more. Even Call of Duty 4 is a wargame and it makes no sense e.g. to say 'well no its a FPS'. Whether a wargame is a consim or not is a different question, though.
Good game but not a conflict simulation by any means.....I find it a bit of a click fest to keep up with the action. I prefer the turn based games where you get time to think...

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Dave Smith posted a photo

C&C:N

One of the games I'll be running at this year's Pacificon
7 hours ago
Dave Smith posted a blog post

"Borg Fest" 2018 at Pacificon

I'll be among the dozen or so gamers running Command and Colors games at this year's Pacificon in…See More
7 hours ago
PittHistoryGuy left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Thanks, Eric! Will do."
8 hours ago
Stephen Weiss left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks Eric! Yeah, can't wait for Stalingrad '42 and the next game in the Next War…"
11 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Welcome to the website!  You seem to be a Renaissance Man/Wargamer with a diverse set of…"
11 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Stephen Weiss
"Stephen, welcome to the website!  You've got some eclectic tastes in games and they are…"
11 hours ago
Profile IconPittHistoryGuy and Stephen Weiss joined ConsimWorld
11 hours ago
Kevin Rohrer left a comment for Christopher Peters
"Chris, I did a search for area wargamers and came up w/ you. I am located east of Medina and am…"
yesterday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service