The official social platform for ConsimWorld
I'm having trouble getting a game-box I've created to work. I've created a couple in the past and have been using a working game-box as a model. Still no joy. Maybe I'm having trouble using WinRar to create the archive? I'm attaching game-box and scenario file. Perhaps someone can have a look? Thanks.
In my game-boxes I have always had the dice hand lines come before the map name lines, so I would suggest making that change. Also there is a blank line between lines 6 & 7 in your game-box.xml, and I don't think .xml files deal well with blank lines like that.
Thank for your reply, Steven. I tried making those changes, but I am still unable to make the box work. Quite a mystery.
If you could post your counter and map files, I could give it a go at my end and try out some things and see if I can get it to work. I have a lot of experience troubleshooting ZT gameboxes and have yet to meet one I have not been able to get working.
That is a kind offer Steven. The game-box only has the map and German counters ready. I have the Allied counters and markers ready to go as well. I figured that if I could get this part to work, then the rest would naturally follow. At the moment, I'm having trouble posting the map and counters. Maybe the files are too large?
The map size is greater than 7 MB limit. So here is the top half of the map. I figure if you can get it working, then I can go from there. I'm hopeful anyway.
I got the gamebox to work at my end. Changed the countersheet columns to 15 rather than 30. That should not have prevented the gamebox from working though - just cut your counters in half. I made my own map and CRT files from scans I had so the dpi would differ from what you used. I am having problems uploading the game box I used - keep getting a message that they are having trouble with this page, so I will try uploading just the text in a separate reply.
?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>
name="Road to the Rhine"
description="Allied Drive across the Rhine River"
<dice count="1" color="000000" pips="ffffff" />
<map name="Map" image-file="Map.jpg" resolution="150 dpi" />
<map name="CRT" image-file="CRT.jpg" resolution="300 dpi" />
front-image-file="GermanFront.jpg" front-resolution="150 dpi"
back-image-file="GermanBack.jpg" back-resolution="150 dpi">
<counter-section rows="10" columns="15"
front-left="0" front-top="0" front-right="1126" front-bottom="751"
back-left="0" back-top="0" back-right="1126" back-bottom="751" />
Thank you for taking the time to work on my problem. I've tried using your game-box, but still doesn't work. At this point, I will try to reinstall Zun Tzu to see if that works.
I did get a working game box from a different member. So, I' can now play the game at least. I'm a bit disappointed I can't use my new map design. But at this point, I'm calling this "work ticket" closed.
Best of luck,
Work Ticket Closed! Sorry you couldn't get it working, but at least you have a way to play the game anyway.
I didn't see anything obviously wrong with your game-box.xml or Base.zts files. What usually trips me up is punctuation.
While I don't want to hinder the joy of creation, I have a Road to the Rhine game box I would be happy to share with you. It's about 8MB in size.
Thank you Terry for your offer. Yes, I think I would like a copy of your game box. My email is email@example.com