One more question involving removing Fire Markers:
Does a side's "fire marker" remain in an area even after the area no longer contains any of that side's units? For example, if there is a Soviet Fire Marker in an area and the German's subsequently eliminate and/or retreat ALL Soviet units in the area, then should the Fire Marker immediately be removed? or, does it remain until the end of the turn when ALL Fire Markers are otherwise designated to be removed? Thank you.
Another question involving certain Firepower Cards in the decks which seem to have no apparent value or effect!?!? Accordingly could you respond to the following general questions about the Firepower cards in SoS that both sides possess:
1) Can the card be augmented/used with any other card(s)?
2) Can the cards value be combined with the firepower of ground units?
3) Is the number on the card accompanied by a 2d6 roll?
4) Is the number on the card modified by the strongest defending unit's defense value?
5) Is the number on the card modified by terrain value?
6) Does the number on the card possibly indicate the amount of unmodified damage caused?
Thanks so much. I appreciate the answer and the quick response as my opponent and I where going back and forth about the card play involving the "FOR THE MOTHERLAND!" card for some time and we weren't inclined to replay the game without that clarification.
STORM OVER STALINGRAD Questions: Please answer the following two questions involving card play involving the "FOR THE MOTHERLAND!" card:
1) In order to gain the effect of going first, MUST the "FOR THE MOTHERLAND!" card technically be played FIRST in the German impulse by the Soviet player before the German player reveals his card? or, is it understood that the "FOR THE MOTHERLAND!" card may be played after the player German player has revealed his card?
2) Also, assuming in either case that the "FOR THE MOTHERLAND!" card goes first, then must the German player have to play the original card he chose? or does the German player get the option to select another card to play instead?