October 24, 2008:
my own project: World War 3 on operational level in Central Europe in the late 80s.
I played Hannibal, Anno1503 and a lot of Battle Lore over the past months. Occasionally I played 1914, TitE.
August 29, 2008:
- Aegean Strike, Victory Games. I've dived into full time research for my game project about WP vs NATO in the late 80s based on the Strike system (sister game Gulf Strike).
June 13, 2008:
- SPQR 2nd edition the classic! GMT Games. CptKlod and I are learning the system. I have to admit that some years ago I was playing the series a lot, but it has been so long that I have forgotten most of the rules. But I do remember that the game is fabulous!
- Wings of War with my wife. Very nice and easy game, although a lot of fun. Especially when playing with my nephews 2on2. We've just started playing the game with miniature airplanes and special rules for altitude. Looks even better!
- Aegean Strike by Mark Herman, Victory Games. Solitaire replay of one of my all-time favourite games. Mainly because I have a project for WW3 game based on this system so that I'll try to catch up with the mechanics of the game.
March 8, 2008:
- 1914, Twilight in the East by Michael Resch, edited from GMT Games. I am playing this little monster solitaire. The scenario is Tannenberg 1914 and I am in GT 2.
- BattleLore with my wife. We are learning the game together and are starting our first scenario with the war council (as we play the french version, this might be called differently in english, sorry)
- Hannibal, Rome vs Carthage, Valley Games edition. This one I play with CptKlod, a wargamer I only recently met, not living too far away. We have reached GT 3.