Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Played: "Conquistador" by AH. Had 3 players but the French were knocked out of the game for 4 terrible events that put him on the sideline just watching the English and Spanish players play. This was midway in the game. It was called at this point. Too many attrition checks, and the special events are about 90%+ bad news.  The other players had similar happenings but spread out over the several turns played. Not all in a row. If lucky, you can win, if not, disaster.

"Gettysburg" in the latest C3I Mag. A unusual system but quick to play once you assimilate the do's and don't's. The Confederates won by a point. They have too, anything else is a win by the Americans. Just OK.

Played: GMT's "Space Corp". A good and fun game. Played all 3 tiers to end.

"King David" by Clash of Arms. Had 5 players and not enough time to finish but a great game.

Playing: GMT's "Arquebus". We are playing all scenarios and are on Ravenna now. A blast. Like to see more games using this system.

Played: "Empires of the Void" by Red Raven Games. A SF game of empire building. A fun game for our group.

Tried to play a short scenario of "Here I Stand" by GMT games. Did not finish but the muslim player had taken Vienna.

"Liberte" by Valley Games. A game on the French Revolution. Too Euro for me.

At the ON TO RICHMOND! mini-convention on Saturday, 12 May, in The Highlands (Chesterfield County), I ran a tutorial on the Battles of the American Revolution system with Eutaw Springs, inside GMT Games's Tri-Pack: Battles of the American Revolution – Guilford, Saratoga, .../Guilford. One of the smaller games in the system, it nevertheless poses a challenge for both the American and British player and serves as a marvelous introduction to the series.

After that, we added another player to take a stab at the introductory scenario in Maria by Histogames, which takes the popular system used in the earlier game, Friedrich, to a whole new level. This is a good scenario to play to learn the military system and my guess is players are ready for the political rules once they learn how to defend Austria successfully in the introductory game. In our session, Austria went down by the end of 1743, but we were just learning what we were doing and the Hapsburg player realized he can't be as aggressive as he wants vis-a-vis both France/Bavaria and Prussia/Saxony!

Played: GMT's "Arquebus" their Men of Iron Series. Started in Jan(2019) and finished last scenario this week. Great game and hope for more with this system.

"Great Battles of Alexander" expanded deluxe Edition from GMT's GBOH system. Great!!! Need more on this system.

Played at Monstercon: GMT's "U.S. Civil War" (aka:CSA's Revolutionary War of Independence). The CSA lost again. Not bad but next door a grp of 4 played same game 3 times? and CSA won all and they traded sides. They were using a new attrition table.

Compass Games remake of Bar Lev(Deluxe Bar Lev) . Finished only 4 turns. Too long to set up because of too many "ants"(units). First impression not good. Needs more play.

GMT's "Space Corp". A Fun game. Nothing more to say.

Played: GMT's "Genesis" with our gaming grp. A great Game.

GMT's "Clash of Monarchs". First play but did not finish the scenario. Looks great.

S&T's remake of "6th Fleet". First time for both of us and played both scenarios. Played 3 times but 2 draws and a concession by Soviet(me). Looks good.

Played: "Ancient Civs of the Inner Sea" by GMT. Played twice with our gaming group with 4 players. Works good as a game but too abstract and Euro for me. The group wants to try this again with 5 players.

"FAB: Golan 73" by GMT. This game is more my style but is no "Fast Action". I and my opponent played it twice and reversed sides. Israeli won both times but was a hard contest. First time for us both. Another good game from GMT.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Matt Lanaro left a comment for Brant Guillory
"Hey Brant, I'm looking for fellow wargamers in the area. Are you still actively playing? -Matt"
3 hours ago
Matt Lanaro updated their profile
3 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Bruce Bennett
"Bruce, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website!  You have some classic titles in your…"
Friday
Bruce Bennett is now a member of ConsimWorld
Friday
Eric Walters left a comment for Garibaldi Mangiapane
"Well, it is hard to find a wargame opponent who is willing to commit on a regular schedule to play…"
Friday
Garibaldi Mangiapane left a comment for Eric Walters
"I should mention that I had to play these monster games by myself. Sigh. Not much has changed since…"
Friday
Hernan Ruiz Camauer commented on Tony's group Map Making
"Anyone interested in making isometric maps should check out this Kickstarter campaign, which ends…"
Friday
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2019
"Hearts & Minds - Played a 1965-1968 scenario, after a couple of practice runs at 1966. Nice…"
Thursday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service