I just joined "social" because I thought many of you would want to be informed of the passing of Matt Severns. He would tell me about posting here in preference to the main CSW Forum, so I know this is where he was well known. You can read his obit here:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/dclassifieds?Dato=20...

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my.

What a swell guy. I have had many a great conversation with him, and we were planning a get together as his Mom is so close by Eden, NC.

He was the first person I ever traded with via BGG, and his participation there was simply pleasant.

Going to miss you buddy.
Oh Christ, that's terrible. He was one a really terrific guy, and I for one will miss him a lot.
I am shocked beyond words. I had many great chats with Matt and he even tried to talk with me when he saw me online after his surgery, although he was tired. Still can't believe it, first thought it must be someone else...he was such a great guy, loved his humor. What happened? He seemed to be alright and well after the surgery he had. You'll be greatly missed Matt...
~namu amida butsu~
I never knew him, but my sympathies go out to all of his family and friends.
Oh no, these are terrible news! Matt was such a nice, funny guy with a great sense of humor and he was so glad that his surgery went well.

He will be strongly missed here by his fellow wargamers, but my sincere condolences and deepest sympathy go to his family, to Shelley and the children. I wish you strength in this time of great sorrow.
I am utterly shocked! Matt was helping me with info on damage control for my current design in the making of "Picket Duty" and was slated to playtest the final product after alpha playtesting was complete. My condolences to his family. He will be missed.
I am devastated by this news. Matt was an IS3 in Korea in the Navy shop of Intelligence Production Division when I was the Operations Officer as a Marine Major in the mid-1990s. We played a number of wargames together, most notably ADVANCED SQUAD LEADER. He had such a wry sense of humor, was precocious and so intelligent, and I have fond memories of our games and long discussions about games, particularly ASL and monster gaming.

Rest in peace, Matt. You are sorely missed.
Katie and I were devasted by this news. He had hoped to get to Origins this year with us but had pencilled in for next year. Matt had just joined the Panzer Digest team and was preparing several game reviews for me.
It's been a few days and it still doesn't seem real. I never met him in person, but Matt was a good friend and I'll miss him.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Yes, Rebus is his main character. I've seen a Rebus book with the "Complaints…"
yesterday
Chuang Shyue Chou replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"I have yet to try the Rebus ones. The Rebus ones, I understand, is his primary vehicle. I know that…"
Thursday
Chuang Shyue Chou commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post Free Time to Work on Line of Departure Issue 83
"Yikes!"
Thursday
Roger Bridges is now a member of ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"I've read Rankin's John Rebus detective novels only till now. The "Witch Hunt"…"
Wednesday
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post Free Time to Work on Line of Departure Issue 83
"And I didn't find Jesus in prison!"
Wednesday
Chuang Shyue Chou commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post Free Time to Work on Line of Departure Issue 83
"Do remember to add to your profile that you are and were a Facebook convict! You have done time!…"
Wednesday
Jim Werbaneth updated their profile
Wednesday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service