Wargame Demo--1000 to 1500, Wednesday 23 August: Ellis Hall, Marine Corps University, Quantico, VA

Come one, come all to participate in or witness a number of different wargames played in historic Ellis Hall at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 23 August.  This event is hosted by Dr. Bill Lademan of the Wargaming Division of the Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory.  The event is free, so come on over!

I'll be running my Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit #1 demonstration using Scenario S1: "Retaking Vierville" with space for four players!  You do not need to know the rules in order to play; I'll be teaching them as we go along!

To find out more about the game, see here.

To find out more about the scenario, check out the attachment!

Views: 46

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Eric,

I'm glad you're doing this.  If I can get leave, I'll join you all.  What's Lademan running?  Will Jim Lacey be there?

R/Tim

Tim,

I'm not sure Jim Lacey will be there, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't stop by since he works just across the quad.  Wargame Division is just demonstrating commercial wargaming.  The miniatures game looks to be quite awesome--if I wasn't doing an ASLSK demo, I'd be playing in it!

Hope you get a chance to escape for a bit!

S/F,

Eric

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Dave Smith posted a blog post

Making a Magnetic Game Board

The Magnetic Game Board Conundrum….If you’re like me, you’ve looked longingly at Marco’s magnetic…See More
1 hour ago
Tom Holliday updated their profile
3 hours ago
Profile IconRyan Bettger and Steve Brown joined ConsimWorld
7 hours ago
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2017
"Played a couple battles from Horse & Musket. We found the optional formation and facing…"
yesterday
Daniel Red Cloud Brown joined Eric Walters's group
Thumbnail

Marine Maneuver Warfare Wargamers

A group devoted to studying and practicing Marine Corps maneuver warfare doctrine through…See More
yesterday
Jim Thomas updated their profile
Monday
Tom McKinney is now a member of ConsimWorld
Saturday
Magnus Kimura commented on Magnus Kimura's group B-26: The Marauder Strikes!
"Here is a Sequence of Play, created by Ken Legg, one of the B-26 test-pilots, somewhat modified by…"
Saturday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service