I realize that Seminars are not the priority at WBC, but does anybody have one they would love to see offered?

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

I am just starting to become interested in wargaming. I would like to see a "welcome to wargaming" type seminar, but I may be a little past that stage. I am very interested in the history behind these games. Obviously, wargames span across time and a history lesson would be impossible. What I would like to see is a seminar covering the best reference material out there (hitting the most popular topics at least: Napoleonic Wars, Revolutionary War, Civil War (my current interest), as well as the best nonfiction/even fition out there for the World Wars.
Thanks! That's good feedback.

Hi Dave,

I gave three seminars at the 2011 BPA convention in Lancaster. The first was on the history of American board war games from 1822 to the present, including showing my copy of the first true American mass marketed war game: Waterloo, 1895, by Parker Brothers. The other two seminars were Creating WarGames and Development of Axis and Allies. Since Axis and Allies became the best selling mass marketed American war game of all time and I developed the game through Nova, the seminar was packed and I gave away a copy of the only 1939 version which I designed in 1983 and copyrighted in 1984. Some people may have seen the French and Chinese counters that were produced for the game. But I have the only playtest copy. Now one lucky attendee, got a photocopy to playtest.

Does this help?

Joe

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Jeff Duffy updated their profile
Friday
Mike Palmer posted a discussion

Cora, The Normandy Campaign Decision Games

Hi, I'm currently learning the rules for Cobra, The Normandy campaign by Decision Games. I hope…See More
Thursday
Zachary Miller left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks for the hearty welcome, Eric. I really like COH 3rd edition. The extra roll really adds that…"
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a blog post

A bit of a mystery.... who can solve this one?

When I returned to board wargaming in 2000 I started buying up used games and magazines from our…See More
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Zachary Miller
"Zachary, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website!  Am guessing you are quite happy with COH…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Frank E Watson
"Frank, as a fellow RAGEr, I'm personally glad to see you here!  Welcome to the…"
Wednesday
Profile IconFrank E Watson and Zachary Miller joined ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: Decision Games "RAF" intro twice. Brits hung on. Good game. Nuts! Publishing game…"
Tuesday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service